Thursday, February 12, 2009

Introduction

Right of the bat, I'm going to say that I do not intend to make my blog posts funny (just b/c my personality limits my level of sarcasm). My comments will also tend to be more formal, thus proper English usage, and less of the MSN lingo type (lol ne1?). You won't be laughing at the comments that I make, since it's not funny. Please, do not read if you want some funniness in the postings that I make. If that's you, SCRAM!

Okay, still with me? That's fine, I'll start my real posting now.

It wasn't really that long ago that I've just realized that netbooks were in existence (many thanks to the one and only 0-based big bro observer). Within one measly month, I've put the idea of buying a notebook for post-secondary next year aside to make room for (drum rolls...) netbooks.

Netbooks, compared to notebooks, are quite small. Due to the fact that netbooks are small, they lack features and functions that would otherwise be at your disposal if you had a notebook. Taking in the purpose of using a netbook into consideration, a netbook is a fine choice: using a ultra-light portable technology for connecting to the Internet (aka the cloud). Netbook users tend to use services available and store data on servers connected to the Internet.

Of course, with the lack of certain features, netbooks are inexpensive (ranges from $300-$600 w/ an exception, Sony P-series: whopping $999!!!). For those tight on budget, it's a great option, especially if you have a desktop at home.

So if you do not have a demand for, say graphic-intensive apps, you can accept a smaller (but lighter) option.

I know it's not much added to what you probably know, but I will add posts that'll follow the growth of the netbook in the coming 3G era...

You say: what a cheesy post >_>

2 comments:

  1. Very nice introduction. I look forward to reading your future articles about Netbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice introduction, but the first paragraph was unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete